Sunday, October 16, 2011

big steps




well, the challenge of restoring the truck while maintaining it as my daily driver finally broke me. I bought a new truck!! exciting stuff. I ended up getting a good deal on a very well maintained 97 chevy 4x4. still pretty pumped about that purchase!

with the new truck purchased, now I can really bite into the resto. I took it for a drive on saturday morning, the last road time she will see for quite a while. on the heels of removing the bed, and reworking the frame, cleaning, and replacing everything, I have now started that process on the front of the truck.

rebuilding the front end (suspension, steering, etc.) body working all of the panels, and painting the engine compartment, is a big chunk of work to say the least! but... what else can you do around here in the winter? might as well bite off more than you can chew :) I will eventually remove the engine, for easier access to all of the parts and pieces, but here are some photos of where I stand now. enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Good progress for a Saturday. Looks like he may have sprayed the frame before the motor install. What did that hood weigh like 300 lbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitiely no new finish on frame. however, the steering knuckle has been leaking. News to me. the hood wasn't too bad... the radiator support, however, when falling on me felt like it was alot heavier :/

    ReplyDelete